At all tournament events, the following applies: Health is paramount and official orders must be observed with priority. Our events will be strictly guided by these. The protection of children and young people is particularly important to us and therefore the events will only take place if the overall situation permits.
KOMM MIT offers its tournament events in various European countries. As the pandemic regulations there are partly different from those in Germany, this must be taken into account and all guests must adapt to the regulations in the destination country. Failure to comply may result in fines from the local authorities, which each guest must then pay themselves.
Here you will find all the latest information from KOMM MIT on dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic:
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, social contacts must continue to be restricted and large gatherings of people must be avoided. For this reason, we are unfortunately forced to cancel our popular KOMM MIT summer tournaments. We ask for your understanding for our decision to ensure the safety of our staff and all participants.
Corona-related cancellation of the 20th Orange Cup. In view of the renewed rise of the pandemic, we have decided to cancel the planned Oranje Cup on Corpus Christi (03 – 06.06.2021).
Due to the current developments of the Corona pandemic, we unfortunately had to cancel our international youth football tournaments at Whitsun. We are in contact with all participants.
We are currently in contact with all interested parties and participants for our sports events over Easter. The further course of action is discussed in personal telephone conversations.
In order to protect our employees as best as possible, we work almost exclusively in a home office. But this does not affect our accessibility or our efficiency. Feel free to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use our callback button and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and are happy to help!
Health is the most important thing in life. These must be protected. As a long-standing cooperation partner of the DFB in the field of youth development, we rely on the DFB’s model hygiene concept as well as the recommendations of the local health offices and authorities for the implementation of our 2021 events. In our tournament protection concept you will find all information about the tournament arrival, accommodation and the measures on and off the course.
For the first time in almost 40 years of KOMM MIT history, we had to cancel all our sporting events last year and regret this very much. The cancellations have ruined the previous preparations for the 2020 events and we have put ourselves in a difficult situation through no fault of our own. Nevertheless, we were in permanent contact with our clients. In the course of the talks, we offered the customers various options for reversal.
Hygiene protection concept
Wear a mask
Wash hands thoroughly
On the pitch
- During breaks in play, the minimum distance must also be maintained on the pitch
- Refrain from spitting and blowing the nose on the pitch.
At the sidelines
- The minimum distance (1.50 metres) must be maintained in all areas outside the pitch. Exceptions are to be aligned with local and official ordinances
- Physical greeting rituals (e.g. handshakes/hugs) are to be refrained from.
- Recommendation to wash hands with soap and water (at least 30 seconds) and/or disinfect hands.
- Observe cough and sneeze etiquette (bend arm or use handkerchief).
- Persons not taking part in the game who are on the premises are required to wear mouth-to-nose coverings. Persons who can show a medical certificate for exemption from this regulation are excluded from this rule
- Strict regulations are laid down that lead to a rapid clarification of suspected cases of COVID-19 disease
- Participation in the game is only possible for all participants if they are in a symptom-free state of health.
- Persons with suspicious symptoms must leave the sports facility immediately or are not allowed to enter it at all:
- Cough, fever (from 38 degrees Celsius), shortness of breath, all cold symptoms
- The same recommendation applies if symptoms are present in other people in one’s own household
- In case of a positive test for coronavirus, the official quarantine regulations apply. However, it is recommended that the person concerned be removed from training and playing for at least 14 days. The same applies in case of positive test results in the same household
- The respective locally valid ordinances always apply
- KOMM MIT instructs all coaches and club representatives in the guidelines and measures for match operation.
- Persons who do not comply with these rules are not to be granted access to the sports facility or are to be expelled from the sports facility within the framework of the event law.
- Before the start of the tournament, all participating persons will be actively informed in good time about the hygiene rules in an understandable manner. This applies to all persons of the participating teams and clubs, as well as to the referees and other officials.
- All other persons staying on the sports grounds will also be informed about the hygiene rules in a comprehensible manner in good time. The sports facility offers sufficient washing and disinfection facilities, especially in the access area and at the entrance to clubhouses
- Washing and disinfection materials in public areas are available
- No large gatherings of people, such as at the opening ceremony The closing ceremony with award ceremony will take place in an adapted form. We will also adapt other framework programme points accordingly in line with the recommendations of the health offices and public authorities
- Paths on the sports facilities are classified according to entrances and exits
- Bringing your own drinks bottles that have been filled in your own accommodation is a prerequisite
- The training shirts used by KOMM MIT are washed after each session.
- The balls used are disinfected after each match
Passenger transport in coaches is permitted again, taking into account certain hygiene measures (e.g. mandatory wearing of masks, fixed seating, thorough cleaning and disinfection of coaches). Accordingly, we will offer the arrival and departure of the teams with coaches to the tournament events. The selection and communication with the bus companies follows in close consultation with KOMM MIT. Before the trip, you will be informed about the regulations and the hygiene concept developed by the bus company.
Our accommodations are all known for many years and have been selected with the greatest care. The hotels have adapted hygiene concepts in the individual tournament venues so that enjoying, relaxing and meeting is as carefree as possible, also and especially in the current situation. Through close cooperation with the hotel operators, we can guarantee compliance with the standards.
For your safety, there will be hygiene protection officers for each tournament location. They ensure that the prescribed measures are adhered to – that distances can be kept, sufficient disinfectants are available and all facilities are cleaned, etc. – if you are unsure, you always have your* contact person on site. Parents, carers and trainers will also receive information on how to contact the hygiene protection officers in case of an emergency with their travel documents. KOMM MIT also ensures that you are well looked after in the event of illness.
Our staff members have completed an EpiCert training in which they gained knowledge about epidemic prevention and COVID-19 in particular. In addition, our employees receive tournament-specific instructions regarding additional measures.
Corona warning app
All KOMM MIT staff are encouraged to use the Corona warning app. In this way, we are making a valuable contribution to containing the virus and protecting the population. And we make sure that a smooth tournament process is guaranteed.
Booking & Payment Conditions
KOMM MIT reacts to the prevailing uncertainty regarding travel bookings and changes its booking conditions. With the Covid-19 Safety Promise, each group has the option to cancel the tournament trip booked for 2021 free of charge up to 60 days before the start of the event. In addition, payment modalities have been adapted so that clubs have maximum flexibility in the booking process. Upon receipt of the booking confirmation, the team registration fee and 20% of the total price of the trip are payable. The balance must be paid at the latest 30 days before the event. Further deadlines can be found in the General Terms and Conditions.
In the first step, when the extent of the pandemic was not yet apparent, KOMM MIT informed all customers of the Easter to Whitsun tournaments that “their” tournament would take place as planned, but at the same time offered uncertain customers the possibility of rebooking. The transfer could be made to later in the year (autumn tournaments) or to 2021. For rebookings within 2020 KOMM MIT has offered a travel allowance of € 300,- per team and for rebookers to 2021 the respective tournament is offered at the price of 2020.
If the course of the Covid-19 pandemic increased, there was no other option than to cancel the tournaments about six weeks before the start and officially inform the participants in writing. In this step, the customers were offered that they could
a) get their money paid to date back in full.
b)rebook to 2021 at the price of 2020.
c) leave part of the money at KOMM MIT as travel credit for 2021 and get the rest of their paid money transferred back. If the travel credit is not redeemed by the end of 2021, it can then be paid out.
After the reversal or transfer had started, KOMM MIT informed all customers and asked them to give a short feedback when the money was on the respective account.
In the course of the email with the tournament cancellation, KOMM MIT offered the customers, as explained in the section “Communication with you and your team”, various options for reversal. All clients have been informed when the remittance is to take place when the payment is to be made, e.g. for Easter until mid-May. Unfortunately, KOMM MIT was not able to meet these dates, so that when the deadline expired, the clients had to be informed that the payment would be delayed. At this point, KOMM MIT approached the clients with complete transparency and explained clearly and in detail that it all depends on the funding and the fact that non-profit organisations do not receive any state funding. KOMM MIT must help itself!
Customers who had chosen the travel credit option received the voucher by post with their corresponding amount incl. the travel credit. Thank-you letter sent. The rebookers received the confirmation incl. Cover letter for 2021 sent by post. By the end of August, all Easter to Summer remittances have been made.
At all times during the “Corona crisis”, the KOMM MIT head office was and is (was) reachable. The colleagues were there for the customers by phone four days a week and answered all questions and criticisms. By email and social media, accessibility was even more pronounced.
Already during the season planning KOMM MIT has to make payments to some suppliers and partners in order to book certain services. These partners have been hit as hard by the Covid-19 pandemic as we all have and some are struggling to survive. Out of general solidarity, KOMM MIT has decided to support its long-term partners as much as possible and has waived various repayments of advance payments. The only way to get through this crisis is loosely based on the motto “ALLtogether”.
Some people will ask themselves, what do the KOMM MIT staff do when there are no tournaments? Unfortunately, the staff at the KOMM MIT head office in Bonn had to go on short-time work for the time being. The travel industry has been among the hardest hit by Covid-19. However, KOMM MIT did not let the “tournament-free” time go to waste. Various projects were pushed forward, such as digitalisation. This means that customer communication will be more environmentally friendly in the future, as it will be paperless, and additional, modern features will make everyday work at KOMM MIT easier. The tournament catalogue including all information for 2021 has been completed. Various matters have been thoroughly revised (see Terms of Payment 2021). The KOMM MIT team has formed working groups to work out new impulses for the tournament events. In addition, it should not be forgotten that KOMM MIT was and is accessible at all times, be it by phone, email or via social media channels.
KOMM MIT is working on offering additional cover to the insurance currently offered through ARAG, which includes the case of COVID-19. Information on this will be published as soon as it is available.
On the homepage of the German Federal Foreign Office, you can enter your destination in the search bar and see the current entry requirements and measures in your tournament country. However, the situation in the respective countries can change at any time, so you should always keep yourself informed. The current travel and safety advice from the German Federal Foreign Office can be foundhere.